City of Marlow Building Permit

Apply for a Buliding Permit

A building permit must be obtained to lawfully improve property in the following manner:

  • Fencing (if not replacing a current fence in the exact same spot)
  • Sheds, outbuildings, shops, storm cellars (interior/exterior)
  • New dwelling or structure
  • Room additions
  • If the shape of your current dwelling is changing
  • Swimming pool
  • Demolition of dwellings

A building permit is NOT required for:

  • Interior remodels that does not affect the outside shape of the dwelling
  • Replacing existing fencing in the exact same spot

You may download a copy of the building permit application, or pick one up at City Hall (119 N. 2nd), or call (580) 658-5401.

Once the application is completed, it may take up to a week to receive a permit. A survey may be required in some situations, and extreme variances may have to be heard before the Planning and Zoning Commission and City Council for approval. Call for more information.