PO Box 113, 119 S. 2nd Street, Marlow, Oklahoma 73055

Call Us Today (580) 658-5401

Apply For A Building Permit

Search our website:

Note: Due to supply chain issues, certain required equipment and supplies for connection to city services may not be available. Check with city personnel for more information.

A building permit must be obtained to lawfully improve property in the following manner:

  • Fencing (if not replacing a current fence in the exact same spot)
  • Sheds, outbuildings, carports, shops, storm cellars/safe rooms (interior/exterior)
  • New dwelling or structure
  • Room additions (changing the square footage of the structure)
  • Swimming pool (in-ground and above ground) NOTE: State law requires pools be fenced)
  • Demolition 
  • Moving of structure
  • Street/sidewalk/pavement cutting
  • Driveway
  • Signs
  • Electric Vehicle Charging Station

A building permit is NOT required for:

  • Interior remodels that does not affect the outside shape of the dwelling
  • Replacing existing fencing in the exact same spot. (Landowner is responsible to make sure fencing in on property.)

You may download a copy of the building permit application, or pick one up at City Hall (119 S. 2nd), or call (580) 658-5401. You must be locate property lines or have a copy of a survey of property available.

Once the application is submitted, it will take up to a week to receive a permit. A survey may be required in some situations, and  variances may have to be heard before the Planning and Zoning Commission and City Council for approval. Call for more information.